This program is not accepting registrations at this time.
Wednesday, January 20, 2021
8:30 AM EASTERN
$205 for Non-member
Ohio Health Care Association
We had hoped to see each of you in person at our 2021 Summit, however, in light of the continuing risk to transmitting COVID to the individuals you serve, as well as the governor’s continued order of no mass gatherings, we are excited to present this year’s event Live Online. In addition to the great schedule of live presentations on January 20, OHCA members will receive complimentary access to a host of on-demand educational programs.
- 8:30 am Check in
- 8:45 am OHCA Regulatory Update/COVID19
- 9:45 am BREAK
- 10:00 am Demystifying Data and Analytics for Hospice
Economic Pressures, Regulatory changes, Shift from FFS to Value based programs, narrowing of the referral networks and formation of post-acute preferred networks – means that providers must leverage data insights to drive competitive advantage.In this session we will focus on demystifying the common myths in Adopting a Data and Analytics strategy to complement your EHR. Analytics provides agencies with quick insights into the various areas of their business. This provides agencies with the ability to identify trends quickly that may have a negative impact to the patient’s quality of care in addition to their bottom line.
- 11: 00 am Wound Care at End of Life- This session will describe and present how typical pressure injuries and vascular wounds differ from end-of-life skin risks and compromise, and will define the SCALE means of identifying and managing wounds. The skin is the body’s largest organ and like any other organ is subject to a loss of integrity. Contrary to popular myth, not all pressure ulcers are avoidable. This session is designed to facilitate the implementation of knowledge-transfer-into-practice techniques for quality patient outcomes.
- 12:00 pm BREAK
- 12:30 pm Bereavement Counseling During the Pandemic- COVID-19 has changed the landscapes of our lives. This has been highlighted in the challenges our healthcare workers have faced in the hospital, LTC and hospice settings. Navigating the grief journey for those who have lost loved ones has also become far more difficult. This workshop will examine the challenges facing LTC staff and those grieving the death of a loved one. Effective strategies for counseling both these high risk groups will be considered.
- 1: 30 pm Hospice Care Planning drill Down Some of the most commonly cited deficiencies in hospice are from the Hospice CoP on Interdisciplinary Team, Care Planning and Coordination of Services. Join us as we drill down the CoP so you learn how to recognize noncompliance with CoP requirements and understand ways to ensure compliance within your agency to avoid survey deficiencies.
- 2:30 pm BREAK
- 2:45 pm Where things can go wrong: lesson learned- In this 60-minute session Hospice Fundamental’s principle, Christopher Acevedo will discuss where things can go wrong when it comes to establishing your palliative care business. This presentation will help attendees understand why it’s so hard to break even in palliative care. You’ll learn operational considerations and pitfalls to avoid. Moreover, you’ll discover the importance of intake, internal processes, staffing efficiently, quality checks and much, much more.
- 3:45 pm ADJOURN
If applicable, you may obtain credit in multiple jurisdictions simultaneously for this program (see pending/approved list below). Registrants in jurisdictions not listed below will receive a Certificate of Attendance/Completion that may or may not meet credit requirements in other jurisdictions. Where applicable, credit will be only awarded to a paid registrant attending the live program at their own computer and phone.
Click on jurisdiction for specific details:
How to Attend
Join the live program from your office, home, or hotel room using a computer with high speed internet. You may ask questions, participate in surveys, and post comments from your computer during the program. Please note that credit (if available) is only provided to registered attendees participating at their own computer and phone. Simple instructions with a link to the program will be sent when you register and again the day before the webinar.