Friday, May 7, 2021
$245 for Non-member
Ohio Health Care Association
Restorative nursing programs affect a resident's quality of life, facility survey outcomes, both Medicaid and Medicare reimbursement, and resident/family facility choice. These programs are vital to your facility's overall success, your residents' ability to thrive and maintain dignity, and a facility staff's job satisfaction.
Resident centered, whole-person restorative nursing care is more important now than it has ever been. OBRA 1987 required skilled nursing facilities to identify and act on risk factors to prevent functional decline in residents. It included a mandate for facilities to allow only medically unavoidable declines, and facilities are expected to plan care that will delay any decline in resident function. The functional decline can lead to depression, behaviors, withdrawal, social isolation, and complications of immobility such as pain, incontinence, and pressure ulcers.
Several Quality Measures will affect and can be impacted by restorative nursing programs. These measures include:
- Percentage of long-stay residents who need increased help with ADLs
- Percentage of long-stay residents with worsening locomotion
- Percentage of long-stay resident experiencing falls
- Percentage of long-stay residents experiencing one or more falls with major injury
- Percentage of long-stay low-risk residents who lose control of their bowels or bladder
- Percentage of long-stay residents who have a catheter inserted and left in the bladder
- Percentage of short-stay residents who show improvement in function
What you will learn:
- How to be compliant with federal regulations
- Rules of rehabilitation, resident assessment, and areas affected by Minimum Data Set (MDS)
- Elements of successful restorative program development and implementation
- Staff training tips
- Use of forms/documentation that can be customized to each facility
- New approaches and new ideas
- Medicare & Medicaid Reimbursement impact
- 9:00 a.m. Program begins
- 12:15 p.m. Lunch
- 12:45 p.m. Program resumes
- 4:00 p.m. Adjourn
If applicable, you may obtain credit in multiple jurisdictions simultaneously for this program (see pending/approved list below). Registrants in jurisdictions not listed below will receive a Certificate of Attendance/Completion that may or may not meet credit requirements in other jurisdictions. Where applicable, credit will be only awarded to a paid registrant attending the live program at their own computer and phone.
Click on jurisdiction for specific details:
How to Attend
Join the live program from your office, home, or hotel room using a computer with high speed internet. You may ask questions, participate in surveys, and post comments from your computer during the program. Please note that credit (if available) is only provided to registered attendees participating at their own computer and phone. Simple instructions with a link to the program will be sent when you register and again the day before the webinar.