Register now for immediate access to this program.Register Now
$90 for Non-member
October 8, 2020
Ohio Health Care Association
What is Compassionate Touch®?
Compassionate Touch® is an approach combining skilled touch with specialized communication that’s shown to be a powerful nonpharmacological tool that reduces behavioral expressions in people with dementia and end-of-life while strengthening care partner relationships. A must learn skill for staff during COVID-19 given the restriction on family visits.
Why Compassionate Touch®?
Compassionate Touch® is a cutting edge skilled touch program that:
- Is Feasible - Easy to learn | Practical to integrate into care practices
- Is Effective - Eases physical and emotional distress that leads to behavioral expression and resistance to care
- Empowers care partners with a personalized approach to connect, calm, and comfort people at all stages of dementia
- Reduces caregiver stress and burnout | Builds strong relationships
- Supports person-centered core values and philosophy
Upon completion of this workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Identify the effects of touch deprivation in older adults
- Describe how skilled touch enables care partners to connect and communicate in new ways with people with dementia
- Explain the clinical impact of expressive touch on behavior, pain, and anxiety of people with dementia
- Discuss the protocol for using CT in the new environment of COVID-19
Program Titles and Supporting Materials
This program contains the following components:
If applicable, you may obtain credit in multiple jurisdictions simultaneously for this program (see pending/approved list below). If electing credit for this program, registrants in jurisdictions not listed below will receive a Certificate of Completion that may or may not meet credit requirements in other jurisdictions. Where applicable, credit will be only awarded to a paid registrant completing all the requirements of the program as determined by the selected accreditation authority.
Click on jurisdiction for specific details:
How to Attend
Join the self-paced program from your office, home, or hotel room using a computer and high speed internet connection. You may start and stop the program at your convenience, continue where you left off, and review supporting materials as often as you like. Please note: Internet Explorer is no longer a supported browser. We recommend using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari for best results.
You may access this course on a computer or mobile device with high speed internet (iPhones require iOS 10 or higher). Recommended browsers are Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.